Christmas Appeal 2021
We are currently seeking donations for our 2021 Christmas Appeal in order to provide Christmas gifts to refugees and people seeking asylum in Calderdale - many of whom will be isolated and alone this Christmas. These gifts bring so much joy, celebration and a sense of community to those that need it most. Last year we were able to distribute 333 gifts to adults and 250 gifts to children; this year we need your help to reach even more people in need! We are hoping to provide 700 gifts this Christmas.
Just a small donation could help – whether it’s a £5 voucher for a shop or 10 pairs of warm gloves, your generosity will make a real difference to the people and families we help. You can also make a donation of goods directly to one of our volunteers or at our centre, where we will wrap them for distribution at our Christmas celebration.
Read more below to find out how you can help:
If you would like to donate gifts:
We are looking for gifts for all ages. Here is a guide of the type of gifts we need:
- 0-3 years - Clothing, gender neutral baby & toddler toys, hats & mittens
- 4-7 years - Play dough, Lego sets, age-appropriate games (orchard learning games are great), colouring sets, pyjamas, hats & gloves
- 8-11 years - Lego sets, games, sketch pads and drawing supplies, pyjamas, hats & gloves
- 12-17 years - headphones, £5-10 vouchers, pyjamas, hats & gloves
- Adult men - underwear / boxers and socks, hats, scarves & gloves, £5-10 vouchers, pyjamas, nice toiletries (not basics like toothpaste)
- Adult women - candles, hats, scarves & gloves, £5-10 vouchers, pyjamas, nice toiletries (not basics like toothpaste)
If you or your organisation would like to donate gifts for our Centre Members, please contact Amber.
If you would like to donate money or fundraise:
You can donate funds directly to help pay for Christmas gifts on our crowdfunding page here: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/st-augustines-2021-christmas-appeal.
You can also do your own fundraising for our appeal. We can help you come up with brilliant ideas, source materials and more. Please contact Amber for more information.
Please do share our fundraising appeal with your family and friends. With more people aware, we’ll be one step closer to reaching our goal to provide a happy Christmas for the people we help.