Events and Trips
‘I was new to this country and was alone with no friends or family. We had a weekend away, cooking, singing and sleeping in the woods. I went down the mountain on ropes. I never had a trip like that before. We were multi-national but I felt so comfortable. It was beautiful days.’ Ameer
We can help you
- take a tour of Halifax
- come with us on a trip to the seaside or countryside
- see live music or theatre
- join our special events at St Augustines Centre
- get involved in Refugee Week every June
Where else can I go in Calderdale?
Outside of Halifax you'll find more wonderful places to explore by bus, cycling or train.
- Elland Library Free
- Hullen Edge Park Free
- Brighouse Swimming Pool With discount card Adults £4 Children £2.80
- Rex Cinema tickets £4.50
Wellholme Park has stunning floral displays and Smith Art Gallery are both nearby.
- Smith Art Gallery Free
- Brighouse Library Free
- Wellholme Park Free
- Brighouse Tourist Information - Visit Calderdale
Hebden Bridge and Todmorden
Hebden Bridge is a lovely small town to look around or perhaps have a walk along the canals or up the hills. From Halifax the train takes 12 minutes and costs around £4. The bus takes 20 minutes and costs £3.
Our good friends Together We Grow often organise trips in and around Todmorden.
Events across Calderdale: