'I got support from St Augustines and saw how many people are helped and decided I wanted to give help back. I started with gardening and DIY, and now I run the tech studio. I like to be around kind people, it's like a family for me.' - Nawroz
Volunteers keep us running; we work with around 180! We try to provide volunteering opportunities that suit different interests, skills and levels of experience. Some roles require a regular commitment each week; others can be more flexible.
Our volunteering programme involves:
- induction and safeguarding training
- the chance to meet new people from around the world
Please contact Rabia if you are interested in volunteering with us.
How you can get involved
- Gardening – growing vegetables and keeping our grounds looking good
- Cooking and washing up in our Welcome Café
- Befriending – supporting new arrivals
- English language teaching
- DIY and maintenance
- Reception / office support
- Interpreting or translating
- Casework for our Advice drop in
And, read on...
More ways you can get involved
- Stewarding our activities and events
- Sorting donated clothes and shoes in our Free Shop
- Making deliveries – own transport needed
- Fixing donated laptops and phones
- Bike repair for our Re:Cycle project
- Strategic, research and policy work