‘I came here as an Asylum Seeker and couldn’t speak any English. St Augustine’s Centre taught me to speak and write it. Slowly, slowly I learnt from a lovely, friendly teacher and now I have a job!’ Zanyar
We offer friendly classes for beginners, intermediate level and advanced learners. We also offer 1:1 conversation support. Our mixed and women only English classes are taught by a group of 30 volunteer teachers.
We can help you:
- Improve your speaking and listening skills
- Develop your reading and writing
- Learn to read the English alphabet and understand English grammar
- Improve your confidence, have fun and meet other people
- Apply for college courses
Who else can help?
- Calderdale College offer ESOL (English) classes for people who have been in the UK for more than 6 months
- Halifax Opportunities Trust offer ESOL classes for beginners - phone Surraya Bibi on 01422 347392
- Calderdale Adult Learning offer English conversation classes
- Learning English - if you don’t live in Calderdale and you want to find an English class somewhere else in Yorkshire