'This food is so tasty! I really enjoy the meal and positive atmosphere. I come to the Welcome Cafe every Monday and Thursday and have made many friends. Now I volunteer in the kitchen.' Mehdi
Our Welcome Café serves free, fresh and nutritious lunches, cooked by volunteer centre members. Enjoy delicious dishes from Morocco, Syria, Nigeria, Kurdistan, Lebanon and beyond.
Join us for a free lunch:
- Just turn up at 12.30pm Monday and Thursday. Everyone welcome.
- Food is currently takeaway
- If you are an experienced cook, you might like to join our Welcome Café team. Talk to Arsalan.
Who else can help?
There are other organisations in Calderdale who can help with food.
- On Tuesdays the Outback Community Kitchen and Garden Café serve takeaway lunches from 12noon – 2pm. You can find them 3 minutes walk from St Augustines
- On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays The Gathering Place offers a ‘pay what you can’ cafe at 12.30pm. They also offer food parcels on Friday morning for families at 10am and Saturday mornings at 10am
- Halifax Community Fridge at Madni Mosque on Gibbet Street are open from 12noon– 3pm every day.
- Halifax Opportunities Trust on Hanson Lane opposite St Augustine’s Centre sometimes provide basic food parcels for collection
- You can find more about food support in Brighouse, Elland and Todmorden here